|Restrictions:||Sydney applicants only|
This Academic Approval Form is for the use of students nominated to participate in the Semester Exchange Program.
Once you have been nominated to a host university, you should use this form to request academic approval for the units of study you wish to take overseas. You must obtain academic approval for the units of study you enrol in overseas, in order to receive credit upon successful completion of your studies abroad.
Before you submit the Academic Approval Form you must:
- Select a full time load of units at the partner university, as well as alternative units in case that those you prefer are not approved/become unavailable
- Obtain unit of study outlines/syllabi from the host university for each unit you are requesting approval for (including alternatives)
Once you have done this, you should:
- Complete and submit the Academic Approval Form, along with the unit of study outlines, to Faculty Services (Mobility), as soon as possible after you have been nominated to your host university.
- Please email Faculty Services (Mobility) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NB: If you are an Engineering or IT student, you may need to first request academic approval from the relevant adviser within your School before sending the completed academic approval form to Faculty Services. Please contact your Course Adviser and/or Faculty Services to confirm if you need to speak with your School first.
What happens next:
- Your academic approval request will be processed by the Faculty Services team
- Academic approval requests will be processed in priority order according to departure date
- Faculty Services will contact you directly to advise of the outcome of your academic approval request
During your exchange program, you remain enrolled at the University of Sydney while concurrently enrolling overseas at the host institution. You are required to complete a full time study load on exchange. At the University of Sydney, you will be enrolled in generic 'Exchange' units. However, you will not be able to enrol yourself into these Exchange units. You should complete the enrolment task for Semester 2, 2018 via Sydney Student as normal, and the Faculty Services team will enrol you into Exchange units prior to the census date. Nevertheless, it is your responsibility to ensure that your enrolment is correct prior to census date.