Programs > Brochure
CISaustralia France, Morocco, Spain Short-term Study Abroad
Marrakesh, Morocco; Paris, France; Sevilla, Spain (Outgoing Program)
Summer (Dec - Feb)
|Partner University Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||Sydney applicants only|
Glossary entry for program parameter 10001Level:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10002Language/s:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10008Program Type:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10027Short-term Type:
|Coursework, Cultural Experiences, Intensive Language|
Glossary entry for program parameter 10028Short-term Duration:
Location: Marrakesh, Morocco; Paris, France; Sevilla, Spain
January in France, Morocco, and Spain
Program dates: 28 December 2017 – 15 January 2018
Application deadline: 1 October 2017
Duration: 2 weeks
Host: IAU College
Provider: CIS Australia
On the January in France, Morocco and Spain program you will visit 14 cities in 3 countries, experiencing essential aspects of French, Moroccan and Spanish culture – all in just under three weeks. You’ll have the opportunity to compare and contrast the cultures and landscapes and explore these fascinating countries with local guides as well as academic, literary and political experts.
You’ll engage in cultural discussions throughout your program while you travel from the lavender fields of southern France to the bustling markets of Marrakesh. From the mosques of Morocco to the museums of Madrid, this program will provide you with an experience unlike any other.
This program offers 7 different university level courses in a range of subjects so you can choose the best course for you (each student will take one course during the program). If you are interested in art history, cultural studies, foreign languages or political science (and ideally a little of all four) this program is for you!
View full program details.
Language: Classes are instructed in English.
Relevant subject areas: Arts and Social Sciences
- Art History 395: Classical Islam and the European Renaissance
- Cross Cultural Studies 395: Jews, Muslims and Christians in Europe and the Islamic World
- French 395: Cultural History of France and the Islamic World
- History 395: Cultural History of Europe and the Islamic World
- Political Science 395: European Politics and the Islamic World
- Religious Studies 395: Jews, Muslims and Christians in Europe and the Islamic World
- Spanish 395: Cultural History of Spain and the Islamic World
View full course details.
France: Paris, Aix-en-Provence, Marseille
Morocco: Marrakesh, Casablanca, Rabat
Spain: Seville, Cordoba, Granada, Madrid, Toledo
Accommodation is provided in a combination of 3-star hotels, guest houses, hostels and apartments. All rooms are shared between program participants of the same gender. Further details are provided with a final detailed itinerary closer to the departure date. Accommodation varies according to availability in the respective city.
The program is hosted by IAU College, France. IAU is one of Europe’s premier academic centres, located in Aix-en-Provence. The college places strong emphasis on immersion in French language and culture. IAU will provide experts from a various disciplines and backgrounds to provide students with a unique academic insight into the locations visited throughout this academic travelling program.
Program Fee: $7,750 AUD
Program fee includes:
- Tuition fees
- Accommodation in 3 and 4 star hotels or similar
- Breakfast daily and some dinners
- Entrance fees to all museums and guest lecture venues
- Medical and accident insurance
- CISaustralia support before, during and after the program
- Academic & financial advising
- Assistance with travel arrangements
- Pre-departure orientation
- Airport pick up
- On-site orientation
- Intra-European transportation to and from each city
- IAU College official transcript
Other costs: Airfare, visas, travel insurance, and personal expenses.
OS-HELP loans may be available to eligible students enrolled in a Commonwealth supported place where the program is approved for credit prior to departure. Application required.
How to Apply
Application instructions for Dec-Feb 2018/2019 programs will be provided later this year. Applications are currently open for Jun-Aug 2018 programs!