Announcements : $4.2 million in scholarships and grants for study abroad & exchange in 2018
Announcement: $4.2 million in scholarships and grants for study abroad & exchange in 2018
We aim to provide funding to half of all students who study overseasThere are a number of different scholarships, grants and loans available to help support you during your overseas program in 2018.
University of Sydney Scholarships
- Students who entered the University of Sydney on an E12 or equivalent pathway will receive the Vice-Chancellors Global Mobility Award valued at $5,000 to support their semester abroad. This award can be held in conjunction with the other scholarships and grants listed below.
- The Vice Chancellor's Global Mobility Scholarships are valued at $1,000, $1,500 and $2,000. All students participating on short term and semester programs will be automatically considered for these on the basis of partner institution and/or academic merit.
- There are a number of other Faculty and Departmental scholarships available, valued between $2,000-$7,500.
Australian Government Grants
The Australian Government provides grant funding to eligible students participating on semester exchange and short term programs to selected partner institutions. These include:
- New Colombo Plan mobility grants valued at $7,000 for semester exchange
- Australia Awards-Endeavour mobility grants valued at $5,000 for semester exchange
Eligible students can apply for an OS-HELP Loan of up to $7,998 per six-month study period.