Exchange programs are available to current students and provide the opportunity to engage in an overseas experience for a full semester or academic year.
Planning early helps ensure that you can complete an overseas exchange program during your University of Sydney course. This gives you enough time to research your options, plan your enrolment and get the advice you need before submitting an application.
Steps to applying for the semester exchange program:
- Attend an info session or application workshop.
- Check the requirements of your University of Sydney course (start by reviewing your Course Handbook).
- Speak with an exchange coordinator within your faculty or school for additional degree planning advice.
- Research our partner universities on the Sydney Abroad Global Mobility Database to find out which universities will work best for your course.
- Submit your Semester/Year Exchange application by the specified deadline (30 June for Semester 1 Exchanges / 30 November for Semester 2 Exchanges).
- Semester 2, 2024 Exchange Program - 5:00pm, 30 November 2023 (application closed - late application requests cannot be considered)
- Semester 1, 2025 Exchange Program - 5:00pm, 30 June 2024 (applications will open late March 2024)
To be eligible for the Semester Exchange Program, at the time of the application deadline, you need:
- a weighted average mark (WAM) of at least 50
- to have completed at least 24 credit points of study at the University of Sydney
- to be meeting your academic progress requirements.