Virtual Semester Exchange
Participating in a Virtual Semester Program is an exciting opportunity to gain personal, academic and employability skills with a cross-cultural perspective! Virtual programs enable you to gain the valuable skills that you usually develop through international experiences without the associated costs that a trip overseas can bring.
Students participating in the Virtual Semester Program will study 1-2 units at one of the available virtual semester programs and will continue with 2-3 units of the usual USYD semester enrolment (studying the usual full-time study load - normally 24 credit points) in total during the semester.
Applications for the Semester 2, 2021 Virtual Semester Exchange Program closed on 30 April 2021. The next round of applications for the Semester 1, 2022 Virtual Semester Exchange Program will open in October (date TBD).
Check out this time zone calculator to determine if online courses at the available programs will work for you.
Steps to applying
- Attend an info session.
- Check the requirements of your University of Sydney course (start by reviewing your Course Handbook).
- Research our available partner universities on the Sydney Abroad Global Mobility Database.
- Submit your application prior to the specified deadline.
To be eligible for the Virtual Semester Program you need:
- a weighted average mark (WAM) of at least 50
- to have completed at least 24 credit points of study at the University of Sydney
- to be meeting your academic progress requirements.
Help and advice