Virtual Semester Exchange
Participating in a Virtual Semester Program is an exciting opportunity to gain personal, academic and employability skills with a cross-cultural perspective! Virtual programs enable you to gain the valuable skills that you usually develop through international experiences without the associated costs that a trip overseas can bring.
Available Virtual Semester ProgramsThe below list will be continually updated as new programs become available.
|Virtual Semester Program||Deadline to submit application to Sydney Abroad||Partner information (external website)|
|University of Hong Kong||19 March 2021||HKU International Office|
|APRU VSE Program||30 April 2021||APRU VSE Program|
Late applications cannot be considered. Give yourself plenty of time to complete and submit the application on time.
Students participating in the Virtual Semester Program will study 1-2 units at one of the available virtual semester programs and will continue with 2-3 units of the usual USYD semester enrolment (studying the usual full-time study load - normally 24 credit points) in total during the semester).
Steps to applying
- Submit the Sydney Abroad Application by the relevant deadline listed above.
- If eligible and endorsed for the program, you will be nominated to and directed to apply to your specific program.
- Apply for Academic Approval with the University of Sydney.
- Finalise your enrolment and commence the Virtual Semester Program.
EligibilityTo be eligible for the Virtual Semester Program you need:
- a weighted average mark (WAM) of at least 50
- to have completed at least 24 credit points of study at the University of Sydney
- to be meeting your academic progress requirements.
Help and advice
- Contact Sydney Abroad at firstname.lastname@example.org or make an appointment to speak over the phone/Zoom.
- Attend an info session in Semester 1, 2021.