How to apply to go overseas
We encourage you to start planning early to ensure you can undertake an overseas program (or two!) during your University of Sydney course. This gives you enough time to research your options, plan your enrolment and get the advice you need before applying. Start by coming along to an info session all about studying overseas.
Steps to applying for the semester exchange program:
- Check the requirements of your University of Sydney course.
- Research the available universities on the Global Mobility database - consider lifestyle, cost of living, academic and personal goals.
- Check out the application program page.
- Choose three destinations to include in your application - ensure there are ample units of study available at each university in your chosen field.
- Submit your application prior to the specified deadline. Semester 2, 2019 applications have now closed. The next round of applications (for Semester 1, 2020) will open up in the 2nd half of the semester.
Apply for a short-term program in the Winter break
Applications are now open now for short-term programs over the 6 week June - August break, deadlines vary by program. Ensure you take note of the application deadline for the program you wish apply to. You can submit applications for up to 2 programs and must rank these in order of your preference ie. first and second.