New Colombo Plan Scholarship Program
2020 New Colombo Plan Scholarships Round
The New Colombo Plan (NCP) is a signature initiative of the Australian Government, which aims to lift knowledge of the Indo-Pacific region in Australia by supporting Australian undergraduate students to study and undertake internships in the region.
The NCP Scholarship Program objectives are to: Semester-based study and internships or mentorships can be undertaken in 40 participating Indo-Pacific locations:
New Colombo Plan Scholarship information sessions will be held on:
|Tuesday, 16th April 2019||1pm - 2pm||New Law LT 104|
|Thursday, 18th April 2019||1pm - 2pm||New Law LT 104|
Applications for the University of Sydney internal selection process open:
Tuesday, 12th March 2019
Applications for the University of Sydney internal selection process close:
Sunday, 5th May 2019 at 11:59pm
Interviews will take place for short-listed candidates on:
Wednesday 15th May, Thursday 16th May and Friday 17th May 2019
You should review the following eligibility criteria prior to starting the application to ensure that you are eligible.
To be eligible for a New Colombo Plan (NCP) Scholarship, and to remain eligible during the Scholarship Program if a Scholarship is awarded, applicants must:
- have been nominated for the NCP Scholarship Program by their Home University;
- be an Australian citizen;
- not be a current or previous citizen or permanent resident of their Primary Location or any Secondary Location;
- be enrolled, until completion of all Study Components, in at least one Bachelor Degree or Bachelor Honours Degree unit at an on-shore campus of an Australian University;
- be undertaking, until completion of all Study Components, at least one Bachelor Degree or Bachelor Honours Degree;
- be between 18 and 28 years of age (inclusive) on 1 January 2020;
- have achieved a minimum 70 per cent graded average or equivalent for their undergraduate course at the time of Application, as determined by the nominating Home University; and
- not be a previous recipient of a Scholarship under the NCP Scholarship Program.
In addition, the University of Sydney requires applicants to:
- have successfully completed a minimum of 48 credit points in their current course prior to submitting an application;
- have a minimum of 24 credit points remaining to complete their University of Sydney course requirements in the Scholarship year (2020) and study must be for academic credit;
study can be undertaken at one of the University of Sydney’s Exchange partner universities or another university on a Non-exchange basis;
students who intend to study at an Exchange partner university must also complete the Semester Exchange Program application in the relevant round. Application for the Semester Exchange Program in the equivalent of Semester 1, 2020 will close in June 2019 and Semester 2, 2020 will close in November 2019.
You are strongly encouraged to read the full New Colombo Plan 'Scholarship Program Guidelines 2020' and 'Advice to applicants' found on the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade - New Colombo Plan website.
New Colombo Plan Scholarship Program Guidelines 2020
New Colombo Plan Scholarship Program Advice to Applicants