||Los Angeles, California, USA
||University of Sydney students have the opportunity to spend 6 weeks of their winter holidays undertaking classes and social activities at University of California, Los Angeles, USA.
For more information, please click here.
||1 May 2017: I-20 visa request submission deadline
19 May 2017: Non-UC student academic course payment deadline
About the University
|Session A (6-week): 26 June - 4 August 2017*/**
Program dates conflict with the Semester 1 2017 examination period (19 - 30 June 2017). Before booking this program, students must ensure that they do not have any exams for semester one or will have completed their assessments/exams by 26 June 2017.
** Please note:
Program dates impact on Semester 2 2017 lectures (commencing on 1 August 2017). Students must be in Australia and ready to attend classes from teaching week 3 (Monday 14 August 2017). Students must understand that no special consideration will be given by the faculty for assessment extensions or deferred exams because of their late commencement.
The University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA):
Make long-lasting US connections and friendships
- Live on campus and experience the richness of American college life
- Accelerate your study by receiving credit towards your degree
- Spend your winter break enjoying the Californian summer
||Classes are instructed in English.
||Please refer to the UCLA Summer Sessions website for full eligibility criteria here.
|Host Academic Credit
||8+ US credits
|University of Sydney
|You will be emailed credit application instructions for your faculty once you have expressed interest in this program with the form linked at the bottom of this page. Please allow 1-2 weeks for this information to be sent through.
|Fees and funding
|2017 Program fee: Approx. USD $4,413 (8 US Credits) ~ AUD $ 5,790
Additional costs (not included in program fee): Airfare, housing (see below), travel insurance, visa, personal expenses and additional travel.
- Registration Fee: USD$790 (not applicable if enrolled in online courses only)
- Course Fees: USD$342 per unit
- Instructional Enhancement Initiative Fee: USD$61 (students without a bachelor's degree)
- Document Fee: USD$50 assessed only for the first summer term at UCLA
- iStart@UCLA Fee: USD$59
- Late Add Fee: USD$50 per class added after second week
- Non-refundable deposit: USD$400
- Health Insurance: USD$375 UCLA automatically enrols all registered international students in a two-part health insurance plan.
If you wish to apply for UCLA housing, the estimated housing fee for 6 weeks is USD$1,991 based on a triple room and 15 meals a week. Rates can vary greatly based on student preferences.
In addition, a small number of courses carry additional Materials Use Fees. If you enrol in any of those courses, you will be assessed a material use fee for the course.
OS-HELP loans may be available to eligible students enrolled in a Commonwealth supported place where the program is approved for credit prior to departure. Application required.
|Contact for more information
||UCLA Summer Sessions
Phone: +1 310.825.4101
Sydney Global Mobility Team
The University of Sydney
||REGISTER FOR LINK TO APPLICATION