||Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
||The International Summer Program provides students with the opportunity to experience campus life at one of Canada's top universities, combining professional development, cross-cultural communication, and cultural studies, as well as a variety of exciting extra curricular activities.
Highlights of the program include:
- Workshops: Global Leadership and The Expressive Voice & Body
- Weekly academic lectures and field trips on different themes, including Canadian Studies, Entrepreneurship, and Community Service Learning
- 2-day Trip to the Canadian Rockies
More information on the courses offered found here.
||14 July - 4 August 2018
IMPORTANT: Program end dates impact on Semester 2 2017 lectures (commencing on Monday 31 July 2017). Students must ensure they adhere to their individual attendance requirements for all units of study at the University of Sydney. No special consideration will be given by the faculty for assessment extensions or deferred exams because of their late commencement. If you are unsure of the requirements of your University of Sydney course please consult your faculty. Special permission may be required in some circumstances.
||Application deadline: 15 May 2018
||In order to be considered for the International Summer Program, applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must be registered in a full-time undergraduate program at a designated post-secondary institution.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age at the time of the program start date.
- All participants are required to sign a Release of Liability and Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement in order to participate in the program. More information about this agreement will be available at the time of registration.
|Host Institution Academic Credit
||The academic program will consist of at least 40 contact hours. A letter of participation confirming actual contact hours will be presented to each participant.
|University of Sydney
Credit / Not-for-credit
|You will be emailed credit application instructions for your faculty once you have expressed interest in this program with the form linked at the bottom of this page. Please allow 1-2 weeks for this information to be sent through.
||Classes are instructed in English.
|Fees and scholarships
|2017 Program fee: CAD$3,800 (AUD - $3825) for individual registration.
Additional costs (not included in program fee): Airfare, travel and health insurance, visa, personal expenses and additional travel.
- 14-day academic program (instruction, arrangements and administrative support)
- Transportation to and from the Edmonton International Airport and the University of Alberta
- Accommodation in twin rooms
- Pre-loaded cash card with a $300 CAD (AUD - $300) meal allowance (can also be used for other goods and services on campus)
- Field trips and leisure activities
- Canadian Rockies Trip (2 nights, 2 days)
Scholarship available: AUD$1,000 (merit-based, application required)
OS-HELP loans may be available to eligible students enrolled in a Commonwealth supported place where the program is approved for credit prior to departure. Application required.
|About the university
||The University of Alberta:
- One of Canada’s most research-intensive universities and rates in Canada’s top five higher learning institutions
- Established in 1908
- Student population of 39,300 (7,800 international students)
- Located in the city of Edmonton, Alberta
|The capital of Alberta province, Edmonton is a pleasant mid-sized city of less than 1 million people located on the North Saskatchewan River. As a cultural centre, it hosts year-round festivals and is home to Canada’s largest living history museum and North America’s largest mall.
|Contact for more information
||Sydney Global Mobility Team
The University of Sydney
||REGISTER FOR LINK TO APPLICATION