Westpac Asian Exchange Scholarships
Westpac Asian Exchange ScholarshipsApplications for the Westpac Asian Exchange Scholarships have closed for 2019.
Valued at $12,000, the Westpac Asian Exchange Scholarship supports students who are interested in Asia, and want to actively contribute to Australia's success in Asia in their chosen field. It presents young Australians with the exciting opportunity to spend up to two semesters studying at a leading Asian university and develop global leadership skills.
Already the most populous region in the world, the coming decades will give rise to an increasingly wealthy and mobile Asian middle class, creating new opportunities across a range of industries. A greater understanding of Asian culture, markets and languages will be vital to build stronger business and cultural connections across the region.
Australia will need future leaders connected to those markets, and Asia-literacy will be critical to harness these opportunities in our region.
What are the benefits?
- Up to two semesters studying abroad;
- A 12 month leadership development programme;
- A culturally immersive experience of your choice, e.g. an internship, volunteering or an intensive language course;
- Networking opportunities with Westpac Asia and affiliates; and
- Lifelong membership to the Westpac 100 Scholars Network.
Eligiblity CriteriaWho can apply?
- An Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Studying full time at a participating Australian university (all fields of study are eligible)
- Enrolled in second year or beyond when commencing their exchange
- Holding a minimum of a credit average (65% or above)
- Intending to do a one or two semester exchange, commencing in semester 2, 2019
- Not hold or intend to hold another merit based scholarship for the purpose of tertiary study in Asia.
- Applications for the Westpac Asian Exchange Scholarship closed on 11 January 2019. Students interested in participating in the semester exchange program in the equivalent of Semester 2, 2020 should apply in December 2019.
- You will also need to apply for a place in the Semester Exchange Program for study overseas in the equivalent of Semester 2, 2020 which will close in November 2019. You should place up to three of the participating Asian universities as a preference on your application.
- Shortlisted applicants will be asked to complete a video interview between 29 January - 8 February (2019).
- Successful students will be notified on 1 March (2019).
- For more information, including Scholarship Guidelines, visit westpac.com.au/200years
Universities where you can study in Asia:
- China - Central Academy of Fine Arts
- China - East China University of Political Science and Law
- China - Fudan University
- China - Nanjing University
- China - Peking University
- China - Renmin University
- China - Shandong University
- China - Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- China - Shanghai Normal University
- China - Sun Yat-Sen University
- China - Tsinghua University
- China - University of Science and Technology of China
- China - Zhejiang University
- Hong Kong - Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong - Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- Hong Kong - University of Hong Kong
- Singapore - National University of Singapore
- Singapore - Nanyang Technological University, National Institute of Education
- Singapore - Singapore Management University