Programs > Brochure
The Nicolas Baudin Travel Grant (study in France)
Summer (Dec - Feb),
Year (Sem 2 & Sem 1)
|Partner University Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||Sydney applicants only|
Glossary entry for program parameter 10008Program Type:
|Scholarships and Funding|
The Nicolas Baudin Travel Grant
Applications for the 2018-2019 academic year will open in early 2018.
The Nicolas Baudin Travel Grant is eponymously named after the famous French explorer and botanical voyager who in 1802, at the same time as Matthew Flinders, charted the coast of New Holland (Australia).
The Nicolas Baudin travel grant is designed to encourage students to undertake study, research or professional development in France.
The Nicolas Baudin Travel Grant consists in a return flight ticket between Australia and France.
Recipients of French government grants are also covered by social security during their time in France, as well as being exempt from paying any visa fees.
Students are eligible to apply through the following frameworks:
1. Students seeking to undertake a research internship in a French laboratory or undertake an internship within a French company.
2. Students seeking to undertake research in a France as part of a cotutelle joint-PhD established between an Australian university and a French university. The student will obtain an Australian degree and a French degree at the end of their studies.
3. Students enrolled at an Australian university seeking to take part in a study abroad/ exchange program at a French establishment.
4. Students seeking to pursue a full degree at a French university (students will obtain a French degree at the end of their studies), including double degrees jointly offered by a French and an Australian university.
5. Students seeking to undertake a short term program at a French establishment. This includes summer and winter school programs.
Students from all fields and disciplines are eligible to apply.
Students enrolled in Undergraduate, Honours, Masters and PhD programs are eligible to apply.
Australian citizens and international students enrolled in Australian universities are eligible.
French citizens studying in Australia are not eligible to apply.
A proof of proficiency in French will only be required for students willing to enroll in a program taught entirely in French.
The Nicolas Baudin Travel Grant can only be awarded once and cannot be renewed.
A report, in the form of a questionnaire, will be asked of the successful Nicolas Baudin Grant applicants at the end of their stay in France.
For all questions regarding the grant please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.