Programs > Brochure
MITACS Globalink Research Internship Short-term
Calgary, Canada; Edmonton, Alberta, Canada; Guelph, Canada; Halifax, Canada; Vancouver, Canada; Winnipeg, Canada; (Outgoing Program)
|Partner University Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||Sydney applicants only|
|Level:||Undergraduate, Undergraduate research||Language/s:||English, French|
|Program Type:||Non-Exchange Short-Term||Short-term Type:||Internship|
|Short-term Duration:||12 weeks|
MITACS Globalink Research Internship
The 2017 student call for applications for Globalink Research Internships is now open.
The MITACS Globalink Research Internship gives high-achieving senior undergraduates from Australia, Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, and Tunisia the opportunity to complete a 12-week research project at one of 46 Canadian host universities. Approved students travel to Canada between May/June 2017 where they work with a faculty supervisor and other researchers at their host universities.
- Stipend for living expenses
- Professional development workshops
- Local Globalink Mentors
Full eligibility criteria:
2017 student applicants must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be enrolled in full-time undergraduate or combined undergraduate/Master’s programs
- Have a minimum of one semester and a maximum of three semesters remaining in their program as of September 2017.
- Meet the grade requirements for their country of study: Australia: 75 percent (“distinction” or equivalent)
- Be available to complete a 12-week internship, arriving in Canada between 1 May and 30 June 2017, and returning to their country of study between 31 July and 30 September 2017.
- Possess a valid passport from their home country that is valid until at least January 2018.
Student applicants must provide in their application:
- An official transcript from the home university, in English. If you cannot obtain an English transcript, you must submit a translated and notarized copy before the application deadline.
- At least one letter of reference from a professor or research supervisor
- A CV detailing research experience